Rest and Recovery

All my assumptions are being proved wrong just in the order I want it them to be, collateral but enjoyable and enlightening, hence once again I am here standing on the verge of being collapsed into my own exhaustion. So as I believe and live by “God has everything arranged” I ran into the the Bible for Triathlete’s “The Triathlete’s training Bible” by Joe Friel, where I understood the power of “Training” and “Resting”.

After running my first marathon in Jaisalmer on Dec, 15th, 2019, I overused my right knee and tore my knee’s outer ligament “IT band”. Treatment started in last week of January, 2020 and as of now May 23, 2020 I have recovered up to 98%, the remaining 2% is mental and physical recovery as I am unaware of the follow through of major injuries. A lot of unanswered doubts or fears surround me.

  • Will my knee function as it used to be without any slight sensation?
  • How will I know I have recovered completely?
  • Will I have a slight physical limiter in my entire career?

By tapering down my aggressive running to increase my speed and endurance I have reaped numerous benefits that has left me spellbound.

  • Enhanced Aerobic endurance.
  • Enhanced muscular force.
  • Enhanced Aerobic capacity.
  • Capillaries and veins popping out pumping blood 24*7.
  • Better digestion and sleep pattern.
  • Enhanced concentration/focus.
  • Enhanced mind, body and soul coordination.
  • Absence of insomnia.
  • Controlled emotions.

My workout schedule on weekly basis is based according to my daily workouts, and absorbs 16-18 hours weekly, this schedule lasted for around 4 weeks and now I am feeling the exhaustion on my body and symptoms are widely visible physically and internally.

  • Lack of interest.
  • Lack of focus.
  • Have to push very hard.
  • Muscle soreness
  • Stiffness of muscles.
  • Sneezing.
  • Fever/Chills.
  • Veins and capillaries popping out.

Above mentioned all the symptoms indicate it is time for rest and recovery. It is in this phase body tones downs, adjusts and adapts to the chemical and biological changes occurred inside our body.

My current fitness level as on May7th, 2020

Don’t hesitate to find your “Rest and Recovery phase”, but just when your body demands it, pull off your training and enjoy this phase by tapering down your training volume to half for 4-7 days. When your body has accepted and acknowledged the fact that body is entering into rest and recovery phase it will by itself become active and start accepting more of calories and carbs so be sure to feed yourself. The rest and recovery phase usually last for week or two along with unplanned and easy workouts.

Time/DayTHUFRISATSUNMONTUEWED
0400 – 0500WAKE UP
0500 – 0800BIKE – 2 HRS
40-45 KM
RUN 75 MIN, 18 MIN HARDBIKE – 180 MINS
60-65 KMS
RUN 90 MIN
15-16 KM
BIKE – 180 MINS
60-65 KMS
RUN 120 MIN
30 MIN HARD
19-21 KM
R
E
S
T
0800 – 0900BREAKFAST
SHAKE AND OATS
0900 – 1000REST
1000 – 1300STUDY/LEARN
1300 – 1500LUNCH AND STRETCHING -75 MINSTRETCHING – 25 MINSTRETCHING -75 MINSTRETCHING – 25 MINSTRETCHING -75 MINSTRETCHING – 25 MINR
E
S
T
1600 – 1900 STUDY/LEARN
1900 – 2100DINNER
BOXING – 60 MINUTES
SHOULDER/CHESTBOXING – 60 MINUTES
1000 SKIPS
200 PUSH UPS/TRI/BI
30 MIN PUNCH
SHOULDER/CHEST
300 PUSH UPS
90 SHOULDER PRESS
BOXING – 60 MINUTESR
E
S
T
2200 – 0400SLEEP

NOTE : I wake up at 3 am and start workout by 03:30 – 04:00 hrs too.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here