Dal – Bati is served as a traditional food belonging to Rajasthani cusisne and every tourist preferably had try this aromatic dish in Jaipur. I am introducing a light version of the dish with a hint of gram flour. It is a very healthy alternative for a pasta as it provides a lot of carbs, proteins, high quality fats and fibers.
- Whole wheat flour – 4 cups
- Gram flour – 3-4 tbsp
- salt – 1 tbsp
- Bishop’s weed – 2 tbsp
- Olive/Refined oil – 4-5 tbsp.
- Mix pulses
- garlic – cloves
- Green chilli – Acc to taste
- Black pepper – 1 tbsp
- tomatoes – 1-2 pcs
- Onion – 2 pcs
- Sodium bicarbonate – 1/2 tbsp
Dough – Bati
- Mix wheat flour, gram flour, salt, ajwain, oil and prepare a hard dough.
- Keep it aside for 1/2 hour.
- Make round balls of the dough with your palm.
- Keep in pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Immerse the bati in ghee till they are soaked in it.
- Place the pulses in pressure cooker and wait for 4-5 whistles.
- Heat the onion in oil till they are brown.
- Gradually add garlic, green chilli, black pepper.
- Mix well and add tomatoes forming a thick mixture.
- Mix the boiled pulses along with mixture by adding some water.
- Heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve this aromatic dish with Bati broken into small pieces in Dal and a lot of Ghee.